Jan. 7 through Feb. 21st – Tuesday through Friday (3:15-6:30) and Saturdays (8am-3pm)
Expectations For Lettering
- Registration at FIRST Click on new student button; then click on the FRC button; our team number is 2549
- Check made out to Washburn High School for the fee of $60
- 80% attendance of Pre builds
- 80% of build season
- Attendance at the Regional Competition
- GPA of 2.75 for lettering
- Snacks for lots of people which includes pop and small bags of snacks (large bags when opened go stale)
- Parent/guardian needs to sign up for 2 half days to chaperone on a Saturday at school or at an event plus attend a half day of the competition at Mariucci Arena
- At Regionals – you are expected to participate. (scouting, button making, Data entry)
- Sign up for at least one Saturday lunch here
- Two years of team membership.
Week Six culminated in the Millerbots traveling to Eagan High School for a mock competition to take the robot for a spin, test this year’s scouting system, and get a feel for the game. After playing two rounds we left a few hours early with a robot communication issue and a basket of safety regulations to comply with, thinking that our precious time would be better spent solving some problems back at Washburn.
With bag-and-tag three days away every hour counts, so the Millerbots are under some serious pressure. We’ll be posting progress reports on Monday and before we pack up on Tuesday so you can check out what we’ve done and what’s left to do.